Be Ready

Living gratefully today, I am noticing the enticing aroma of my morning coffee and the reassuring sound of our boiler kicking in to maintain a comfortable heat in our home.

My thoughts and prayers continue for those in my school community and others who are facing loss, grief, challenging times, uncertainty.

Be ready. That is all I need to do today. Be ready to do the next thing, take the next step. Be ready for the unexpected, because it will happen. It is part of every day and sometimes the best part.

Be ready, with open mind and heart, a seeking spirit, and calm emotions.  Can I maintain that all day?  Probably not. Something will come along to get me spun up or pull my energy off track.

But here's the good news. I can return to ready. A pause in mindful gratitude. A moment to feel my feet on solid surface, grounded.

Be ready to be amazed. As the "Angel of Grace" says: "Each moment is an opportunity to reveal a miracle." And miracles abound, from the tiny to the monumental.

All I have to do is be ready. Pay attention. Stay in today.

Comments