Accurate Weather

Today I am grateful for my trusty parka to keep me warm on bitterly cold days, and for the visible progress that can be made in the simple task of shoveling snow.

Maybe you have guessed that we are in the midst of some interesting weather. The weather, and whatever it may be doing, are always of interest to me. I grew up in a farm family full of weather watchers. I think it comes naturally when so much of what you do is impacted by the weather.

The weather app that I use on my phone is AccuWeather.  I can access current conditions in a moment. I will check the temperature and conditions before heading out on a run or deciding how many layers I need to put on when I take our dog Oliver out for our morning stroll.

I can also access forecasts-hourly, daily, up to 15 days or more, with all sorts of predictions and projections. I take these with a grain of salt. Sure, we have better equipment and technology to forecast, but the weather will still do what the weather will do. Mother Nature is still in charge and won't hesitate to send reminders. Sometimes she has a sense of humor, and sometimes she knows we need a real straightforward lesson.

The most accurate weather is what you experience when you step outside in it. Forecasts can predict, but they do not guarantee. Current conditions confirm the weather reality. Whether you like it or not.

Current conditions also confirm reality when living gratefully. This I have more say in. Currently, an open heart and mind and a pause in the present moment are showing me the blessings of physical balance and a warm and secure home for my family.

Comments