In a Twinkling

Today I am grateful for a nice visit with my friend Betsy and for the peace that can only be found in early morning darkness and quiet.

Special birthday wishes today to my sister Mary Jo and sister-in-law Terri! Hope you both have special days.

"In a twinkling" is not a phrase I hear often, but I heard it last night and it got me thinking. Life's most profound moments happen in a twinkling. In an instant, a mere moment.

The moment a child is born.

The instant someone breathes their last breath.

The twinkling eyes of loved ones expressing their love.

The tears welling up when a powerful feeling catches us off guard.

The last step as the finish line is crossed.

A bug bite or a blood draw.

Tragedy can strike in a twinkling, but joy bursts forth in a twinkling too.

Gratitude and grace are experienced in a twinkling.

Pause today, in a twinkling here and there, and notice what is there in that mere moment.

Comments