A Blogger's Challenge from Nancy's Point

Today I am grateful for the colorful flowers in our backyard, and my husband Darcy who takes care of the yard and so much more for us.

I am also grateful for other bloggers I enjoy reading and learning from. Nancy's Point is one of the first blogs I started reading regularly. I have appreciated her candid posts about many different aspects of breast cancer, grief, and other varied topics. I encourage you to check out her blog. Whether or not you have had breast cancer yourself, it's a sure bet she will give you something to think about. Thank you Nancy!

She gave me something to think about and then write about with her recent
Summer Blogging Challenge.

It may end up leading to more than one post here, but we'll start with these two questions:

1. How long have you been blogging?  

I started blogging in late March of 2012. It is hard to believe it has been well over six years since then. It was a real leap of faith for me when I started, after months of pondering it, and reading blogs like Nancy's to see how others were going about it.

I had been a writer all my life, chronicling my story in journals and poems. But only more recently had I pursued a more public arena, and techno-savvy I am not.  I am so very grateful I took the leap when I did. The best gift it has given me is a regular place to channel my writing energy and embrace my goal of living gratefully.

2. What is your biggest blogging challenge/frustration? 

This has evolved some over the years, but time can often be a challenge. I have learned to make time in my morning routine though, and make it a priority. It has also helped to start some post drafts in advance. Some days a post may flow out in a few minutes, with a new idea. On other days, I am posting what I have been pondering and puttering over for a couple days. Either way works.

The part that has evolved the most for me is not worrying about how many views I get, how many readers I have. The regular writing and daily gratitude practice helps me so much. I have a number of faithful readers and I appreciate each one. That is enough for me. Is there more I could do to promote my blog or pursue other avenues?  Yes. I do have some goals there, but I know realistically some of that won't get the needed time for awhile yet. Being a blogger on a topic I love does give me plenty of energy to apply to my day.

Thanks again Nancy for this opportunity to reflect on the blogging experience. Onward!

Comments

  1. Hi Lisa,
    I'm so glad you're participating in my now annual summer blogging challenge! Yay! It's fun to learn more about fellow bloggers and blog readers. Like you, I find my blog to be a safe place to regularly channel my writing energy. If I didn't keep to a regular schedule, I'd likely not still be at it since I'm a procrastinator by nature. Although as I've mentioned before, I don't know how you manage to put out a new post every day. That is remarkable, Lisa. I aim for once a week. Thank you for blogging and teaching me and others how to better practice gratitude. It's an important topic - cancer or no cancer. Thanks again for participating! Enjoy the rest of summer. Back to school soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment