Post #700: Still Writing

Today I am grateful for humidity (but you won't hear me say that again this season) and I am grateful to be a writer and have this blog as a regular place to deposit my thoughts and words.

I have been depositing thoughts and words about gratitude here for over two years and today marks my 700th post. I am nothing if not persistent. I am also humbled. Quite humbled by what this blogging experience has taught me about writing, about the value of gratitude practice, and about myself.

In ways, I compose this 700th post in similar fashion to my first post. That first one, this one, and all the others in between speak to the effectiveness of applying a grateful approach to each day. I believed in the practice of gratitude long before I started this blog. But this blog has intensified the power of the practice, has helped me reach a deeper level of acceptance and calm with life as it unfolds. I handle life better on a daily basis today than I did two years ago.

The realization has sunk in that this is a source of energy, grace, wisdom, and humility that will never be tapped out. As long as I use gratefulness to pursue-in Brother David Steindl-Rast's words- "the great fullness of life," I will keep learning about myself and the world I live in. It may be cliche, but this truly is about the journey, not the destination. God willing, I will never arrive at the place where I think I can stop practicing gratitude. Just like I hope I never arrive at the place where I think I can stop doing the daily work needed to address my daily disease of alcoholism.

So I also compose this 700th post in different fashion from the first 100, 200, 300, or 400 posts. I don't pay as much attention to page views, number of comments or followers. I'm still writing, simply said, because I am a writer. What floors me the most about this blogging experience, something I could not have foreseen but sure makes sense in hindsight, is how very good I feel as a writer when I blog daily or almost daily. I am honoring the writing and the writer within. I am not waiting until I have time to write. I am making time to write. The action of writing about gratitude has given more power to the gratitude itself. Humbled. Graced.

Still writing. What a gift writing has been to me. Speaking of Still Writing, that is also the name of Dani Shapiro's latest book. I loved it and will share more tomorrow. Thanks and have a good day!

Comments

  1. Congratulations Lisa. Your posts are part of my morning gratitude routine. You do instil the great fullness of life in others through your writing. Everything you do makes a difference... a realization that came to me through the practice of gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve! Routine and habitual may not sound like fun . . . but they sure do work don't they? The fun and enjoyment comes when we see the gifts we are surrounded by. I look forward to your monthly musings videos as well.
      Keep on keeping on!

      Delete

Post a Comment