Nerves In Bloom

Today I am grateful for our front patio and the relaxing and observing I can do there. I am also grateful for my sense of sight.

Thanks to eyes that work, I can see this when I look out our living room window:



Spring is in bloom in Minnesota. It takes some patience, but it is sure worth it. My optic nerve makes the view possible and my olfactory nerve heightens the pleasure with fresh scents no perfume or spray can replicate. That these trees have the nerve to come back after the harshest, coldest winter in decades is a testimony to their nerves.

This nerve talk gets me thinking about the many, many other nerves in our wondrous human bodies. Millions and trillions of cells and neurons. Amazing! Absolutely amazing. Those nerves carry messages, signals, transmissions, sensations. And yes, some of those transmissions can be difficult or painful. But what about the myriad of messages sent every day, every hour, every second that keep our bodies moving and minds working? What about the joy, elation, insights, wonder? It's incredible.

I will be thinking about all of those nerves and connections as Darcy and I head out on our long run this morning. I will be taking a blog break tomorrow and I am grateful I will be seeing friends I don't see often.

Enjoy the Memorial Day weekend and pause to especially thank all of those who have served our country and protected us.

Comments