Old Friends and New Beginnings

Today I am grateful for safe travels this weekend, the hospitality of my friend Faith and her family, and the happy celebration of my friend Deb's daughter's wedding.

Faith and Deb are old friends, as in we've known each other for over three decades. Old friends are wonderful friends to have. The history shared and the insights drawn from experience can be gotten no other way than over time. We met in our teens and are now approaching 50. That's plenty of history and ample insights. I am grateful our friendships have lasted and that we continue to make time for one another.

Congratulations to the newlyweds Tiffany and Cody as they begin their married life together. New beginnings are full of hope and excitement and they should be. I appreciated the pastor who led the service on Saturday. Her words and the way the vows were spoken reminded me of the importance of the vows I made to my husband Darcy nearly 16 years ago. I couldn't tell you the exact words, but they were about commitment, patience, love, trust, working together, forgiveness, kindness. They are the basics of any healthy relationship. Basics do require work, but it is work well worth it.

It was good for me to hear the vows Saturday and remind myself that each day of my marriage to Darcy is also a new beginning. We have a strong marriage and we have things that we each bring to the partnership that are so good. We also each bring aspects of our humanness that can make for challenging moments too. Working through them with patience, love, and trust takes us to a new level, a new beginning in our relationship.

Best wishes Tiffany and Cody. Thank you Darcy for your commitment to us.

Enjoy the new beginnings that each day brings.

Comments