Zinger

Today I am grateful for the beauty of snow on the trees and eyes to see it with. I am also grateful for time spent with my step-daughter Emily.

Zinger is a good word to focus on today. It means sudden shock, revelation, or turn of events; something causing or meant to cause interest, surprise or shock. I prefer the revelation and interest sort of zingers. Life doesn't often bring sudden and shocking zingers. That's okay with me.

I am experiencing some cleanse zingers this week. They include how I am better recognizing my own energy level through the type and amount of nourishment I am providing my physical body. Another one is the ongoing revelation of the necessity and purity of water, just plain water, and plenty of it!

Recovery from alcoholism provides a regular feed of zingers when I am doing daily work for my daily disease. Zingers like "I am my biggest problem," "accept more, expect less," and "worry and fear are wasted energy."

Gratitude zingers abound as well. The more I practice gratitude, the more I realize the little wonders that we are surrounded by and that are part of us. My recovery work led to a significant zinger when I was around five years sober and had been practicing gratitude for a time. That significant zinger is: I cannot be grateful and feel sorry for myself at the same time. Which will I choose today?

It's a zinger that bears repeating, and repeating. It was in my 7th blog post, from April of 2012.Read it here.

Have a good day! Spread some gratitude.

Comments