Post #600: Onward!

Today I am grateful for this blog and the outlet it provides for my writing energy and gratitude practice. I am grateful to anyone who has read any of my first 599 posts.

Today marks post #600! I am proud of that, but also humbled by what I have learned about myself and about gratitude over the last 22 months. Wow!

Writers write. Writers write to be read by others. Writers write to answer a call from within. Writers write because we have something to say. But also because we have something to learn. I have learned a lot about humility and ego since I wrote my first dozens of posts.They have been valuable lessons.I have also been shown clearly something I already knew: actions matter most. Thoughts are but a start. Action is needed. In life. In goals. In gratitude practice.

I have spent many hours over many months creating many blog posts. It starts with a thought and ends with hitting "publish." I am a better writer than I was 600 posts ago. I have a better understanding of gratitude than I did last year, last week. If I can relay even a portion of this passion to readers through these posts, that defines success to me.

There are few things that have taught me more than my two decades of gratitude practice. Even the biggies like marriage, motherhood, marathoning, cancer, and career have been better teachers through the lens of gratitude. My recovery from alcoholism and my spiritual journey have found direction via gratitude practice. If you are a regular reader you know that, in my opinion, gratitude is about so much more than giving thanks and good manners. It is a perspective, a life view. Do I plan to continue? You bet! The view is good and getting better. Why would I stop now? Besides, I haven't come close to running out of ideas to blog about. Onward!

If you would like to read my thoughts on the previous century marks I have reached on this blogging trek, read here and also click on the link in that post.

My blog may not be flashy or cutting edge in view, but the gratitude practice I proclaim and the benefits of it are cutting edge in research being done in the field of positive psychology. It works. It helps keep me healthier overall. My work on this blog, like my daily focus on gratitude, is solid and inspired, post by post, day by day. Thanks for stopping by. Have a nice day!

Comments