Tired, Just Tired

Today I am grateful for my son Sam's help with a little project. I am also grateful that we had a few nice days before snow returned.

Happy Birthday to my stepson Arthur's fiance Alyssa! I am enjoying getting to know her and I look forward to the future.

Yesterday's snowfall was historical. I don't ever remember accumulating snow this late. The six inches we got broke the record for most snow in a May snowfall for our area. I'm tired of snow. Tired of breaking records that are better left unbroken. I'm just tired.

But I am keeping it in perspective. Last week it was the beauty of the snow on the trees. This week it is the humorous commiseration with my fellow Minnesotans. What else can I do? I am definitely not in charge of this deal. I can get frustrated, or I can save my energy for better endeavors.

I'm not just tired of snow. I'm plain tired of the busy pace. It is a slippery slope for me . . . if I stay too busy for too long, I fall back into old patterns and I get overly tired and not so nice. To others and to myself.

So this blog post is as much a reminder and caution to myself as it is a reaching out to anyone who may be reading. Red flags are going up. More notes to myself in more locations. Waking up at night and thinking of things to add to a list. Not getting to bed at a decent time because I have a few more things to get done. Slow down. Stop the train wreck. Prioritize. It doesn't all have to get done today.

I tested that out this morning and got a moment of clarity. I wanted to exercise but wasn't sure I could fit it in. I made it a priority, just running a couple of miles, but it felt good. I headed out and snow was falling. Yes, more snow! To go with the snow cover from yesterday. I was surrounded by white, but even amidst all that, it didn't hit me until I saw a flag on a green on the golf course. A white flag.Surrender Lisa. Take one thing at a time. Don't squeeze the joy out of today.

Sounds like a good plan!

I'm taking a blog break. I will be back on Monday.

Comments