Simple Pleasures

Today I am grateful for time with my family; my mom and two sisters, and for their safe travels. I am also grateful for the simple pleasure of playing euchre. Euchre is a card game that my family has played for generations and we always seem to laugh and enjoy ourselves in the process.

I spent some time sitting on both our front and back patios yesterday while I waited for my family to arrive. Then we spent more time enjoying both areas last evening with my mom and sisters. It was nice just sitting and visiting and the weather was pleasant.

Isn't it funny (or sad) that we don't take the time to enjoy our houses and yards as much as we could on a regular basis?  I guess I should say "I" instead of "we" because maybe many of you already do this. But it is a good gratitude reminder . . .enjoy the simple pleasures each day presents. Enjoy time with family when you have it. Play some euchre.

Have a good day!

Comments