Gratitude Letters

Today I am grateful for my Brooks Ariel running shoes. They have been my shoe of choice pretty much since I started marathon training eight years ago. I am also grateful for an afternoon nap yesterday. It helped me have a nicer evening. I get crabby and irritable when tired, so I guess it helped my family too.

I brought up gratitude letters yesterday. It's an idea I read about and want to pursue. I suppose you could email or use some electronic form of writing, but I plan to do hand-written letters. I plan to write several people, telling them how they have made a difference in my life. Ideally, it would be nice to deliver the letter in person, but at least some of mine will be mailed. Even if I have told these people what they mean to me and how they have helped me, putting it in writing from a gratitude perspective is going to make it more meaningful. Heartfelt gratitude shared has a great energy all its own.

When I saw my third grade teacher last weekend, I decided that she would be my first letter recipient. I wasn't a big fan of school prior to my third grade year. She helped change that and really turned me on to learning and believing in myself as a learner and as a growing child. She made it fun and I especially remember getting to play bingo. I can't recall many more specifics, but I remember how I felt and that year was a positive turning point. I went on to have success in school and went into the education field myself. Thanks Mrs. Becker!

Let's hold one another accountable. Who would you write your first gratitude letter to? My goal is to get mine written to Mrs. Becker in the next week.  What's your goal?

Comments

  1. My Brooks running shoes might be the only reason I don't mind going for a run..I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to have a shoe that works so well they don't even need breaking in. I just put my new pair on and head out. My feet, and the rest of my body say "thank you." Happy running Morgan!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment