The Beauty of Conversations

Today I am grateful for a 2-hour run with my husband yesterday afternoon. The heat was a challenge, but it was a good training run for us. I am also grateful we had the time together because it has been a busy time and this allowed us to get caught up a little.

Yesterday was a day of interesting conversations. I talked with two co-workers about two topics near and dear to me. I have known each of these women for some time and we have life experiences that connect us. Then, at a social gathering last night I had several more conversations, some with acquaintances and some with people I had just met. People and life are interesting.

I appreciate the beauty of all of these conversations; from deep to superficial, from brief to lengthier. They provide opportunities for me to listen and learn and interact with my fellow humans.

I worry about the way we communicate today, especially young people. Technology keeps us connected, but the face-to-face conversation is losing ground to texting and phones.  What will that mean for the future of communication?  I don't know.  But I plan to do my part by keeping the face-to-face conversation alive.

Comments