Practice. Action. Repeat.

Today I am grateful for familiar faces and laughter in my recovery support network. I am also thankful for a touching gratitude note from a fellow gratitude practitioner. It means a lot to me to receive a note like that.

Gratitude in action leads to positive results. Practice does not make perfect in this realm, or any realm. But practice builds a better perception, and that is worth a lot. Doing this blog has been an ongoing blessing for me. I feel a deeper level of gratitude and appreciation for the many gifts in my life. I have more moments of calm, of peace with life as it is. Gratitude will never take away all my struggles or make me immune to difficult emotions, but it helps smooth out the rough spots. It gives me a better view of the world and of my reflection in the mirror.

Gratitude letters #3 and #4 got written and sent out yesterday. Some of the other practices and actions I try and I encourage others to try:

-A-Z gratitude list
-Top 10 gratitude list
-3 X 3 (or 4 X 4 or other) (See May 30 post)
-Daily gratitude journal
-Gratitude letters
-Gratitude walks

Practice gratitude. Take actions to let your light shine. Find what works, then keep practicing it.

Practice. Action. Repeat.

Thanks for being part of my gratitude network!  Have a good day! 

Comments