Happy Father's Day!

Today I am especially grateful for the father my husband Darcy is to all three of his children. I am grateful for my father and remembering him today too. I am also grateful for the smell of cinnamon rolls baking.

Within a couple minutes of meeting my husband, I knew being a dad and parenting were very important to him. That has not changed. He is loving, supportive, consistent and unwavering in keeping family a priority. My stepchildren are now 21 and 17 and I have seen how important his presence in their lives has been and continues to be. Our son is 10, and we may not always agree on all aspects of parenting, but we agree on the biggies. He is a blessing in all of our lives.

Thanks Darcy and Happy Father's Day!

I am also thinking about the fathers who, for whatever reason, can't be with their children today. And I am thinking about the men who are new fathers or who are expecting their first child. What a wonderful and exciting (and exhausting!) time. Enjoy it!

Happy Father's Day to all fathers! I hope you have a special day.

Comments