The Outdoors: A Forever Friend

Living gratefully today, I am noticing good muscle aches and the morning quietude. 

I came home from work yesterday a little desperate for some time outside. Wearing a mask, often accompanied by a face shield, all day at school, is necessary and I am used to it now. But it can leave me feeling pretty drained and stifled by the end of the work day.

The sun was out, the temperature was agreeable, so I headed out for some snowshoeing when I got home. (That is where the good muscle aches come in.) 

Besides masking up all day, it was one of those days full of meetings, phone calls, emails, and conversations. Some I sought, others sought me. Some of those were draining too. 

I needed time outdoors in the fresh air, body moving, to clear my head and to put the work day behind me. 

Snowshoeing as the sun got lower in the sky and then started to set was good for my soul. Arms and legs moving was beneficial to my heart.  Fresh air and quiet surroundings were what my overloaded mind needed. 

The outdoors never lets me down. It is my forever friend. I trust it, respect it, rely on it. And I am deeply grateful for the time I spend with it. 




Comments