Let the Music Play

Today I am grateful for friends who share in discussions about gratefulness and perspective shifts.

I did my own perspective shift yesterday morning. After being immersed in listening to news on my commute in recent weeks, I decided to just "let the music play" yesterday. A couple of back-to-back faves came on, and I realized how much I had missed the music.

Let the music play. For some reason, I am adept at naming many tunes and artists from the years I was growing up. Let the music play wasn't just my planned action, it was the name of a popular song from the early 1980's.  Let the Music Play by Shannon. Released in 1983, the year I graduated from high school. 

Listen to it here.

It was one of those post-disco era dance songs that really caught on. As far as I can tell, it's about a man and a woman and how the music and the dancing draw them back together. I was doing more drinking than dancing back then, but I have always liked the song.

Let the music play. Go with the flow. Follow the beat. Let the energy bring you along. The power in a song, the opportunity in the day ahead. Onward! 



Comments