Socks

Today I am grateful for my siblings; seven sisters and five brothers. And I am grateful for socks.

Socks. How often do I think about socks? Not very. Maybe briefly when I am putting them on and taking them off, or when they get wet, my feet are cold, or the too-frequent hole in the big toe develops. Otherwise, I pretty much take my drawer full of socks for granted.

Socks are simple, colorful, short, long, thick, thin. In the part of the world I live in, with a few dollars, anyone can buy socks to pretty much fit any need they may have. I am most particular about my running socks, but I do appreciate any quality sock that also fits well.

Then there are the feet to put the socks on, the legs to go with the feet. The upper body and arms, and a brain too, that allow me to move forward with my feet, socks or no socks.

The simplicity of socks. The layers of gratefulness they evoke.

I will be taking a blog break over the weekend. Have a good one!


Comments