Gasping and Grasping, Whatever It Takes

Today I am grateful for sunshine and a run outside yesterday, and for recovery connections that bring me laughter and important reminders.

Our intense winter of recent weeks has made it really difficult many days for me to do one of my favorite things-go for a run outside. I manage to get a workout in with what I have available indoors, and I tend to get plenty of walking steps in at work and my regular daily routine.

But a run outside is my haven. Fresh air. Nature and whatever it is delivering that day. Scenery to take in with my senses. Head clearing clarity that just can't happen as well when inside.

It was sunny and there was even some melting going on yesterday. We had more snow on Friday, so most running surfaces were still snow-covered or treacherous. I was determined though, so I checked out a local church parking lot and decided there was enough pavement showing. I laced up, bundled up, and took off. 

I was gasping for air at first, but in a good way. Breathing in large amounts of fresh and full air. I relished it and then settled in for forty minutes of running. Gasping for air and grasping for solid footing. I made my way around various parts of the parking lot and sidewalks.

Whatever it takes to get a run in. Whatever it takes to get the energy and replenishment that comes with exercise and the great outdoors.

The run was a highlight of my day. Living fully and living gratefully bring numerous highlights to each day. Gasp in awe. Grasp joy in a moment. Each brings energy, and the light and hope of possibility.


Comments