Sacred Mystery

Today I am grateful for the opportunity to share and discuss with others this idea and practice of living gratefully. Thank you to all who joined me at last evening's Rivertown Gratefulness Gathering. You made it meaningful and energizing.

I also appreciate the following words from Michael Mahoney, which fit so nicely with how I am feeling and what I am thinking about this morning:

"There are many things to be grateful "for" but, as I ripen with the seasons of life, 
the many reasons blend into a sacred mystery.
And, most deeply, I realize that living gratefully is its own blessing." 

The words "ripen with the seasons of life" bring a smile. Ripening sounds more palatable than getting older. But either way, another day to live is a gift. 

Sacred mystery. So much of life is a sacred mystery.  The word sacred if often heard in religious terms. The meaning here, to me, is spiritual and implies great respect and reverence for life and all it entails.

All it entails. Sorrow and joy. Sunshine and rain. Good days and ones we'd rather not repeat. Our best moments and our deepest regrets. 

Living gratefully is its own blessing. Pause and bring attention to the present. Get a healthier perspective on my place in the world. Move forward with possibility.

Living gratefully is a choice and a practice. Today I choose gratefulness and the habits that help me 
cultivate it. 

Comments