Harmony or Discord?

Today I am grateful for opportunities to discuss important topics like suicide prevention with students and parents. I am also grateful for the milder temperatures today. (At this point, anything nearing 32 degrees feels mild.)

After writing yesterday's post, I continued to ponder the idea of being a composer, of creating the music and lyrics of our lives.  "Is there harmony or discord?" is a question to keep asking. It can refer to harmony or discord in my own heart and mind, in my relationships with others, in my participation as a human on the planet.

I don't think of the specifics of music much, I just enjoy it. But I realized yesterday that music plays a note at a time. Don't rush it. Don't fast forward or put it on high speed, or the beauty of the music is lost. It gets all jumbled together, there's no clarity.

The same is true of life, of the opportunities in each day. Allow the music to play out a note at a time.
The tune will come together better if I stay out of my own way.

Have a good day, a note at a time. That's all. That's enough.

Comments