Some Different A-Z Lists

Today I am grateful for smooth-writing pens and indoor plumbing.

I enjoyed the latest A-Z words that I blogged about in recent weeks. From "Average" on December 5 all the way to "Zero" yesterday.  When I am in gratefulness mode, my days don't feel just average or boring. They feel energizing and positive, an hour at a time. When I practice gratitude, my A-Z lists or any other way of practicing gratitude, tends to be above zero.

I think of other A-Z lists like one that could include my siblings-from Aileen, Ann and Artie all the way to Zita. I don't have 26 siblings, but I do have 12 and we cover a few letters of the alphabet. Between us we cover a lot . . . of miles, of different career paths, of our own families, of triumphs and struggles, of shared history and our own unique paths. I am grateful for each of my siblings and our decades of life experience.

Another A-Z list takes me back to my days of teaching Iowa history. I used a book titled From Ackley to Zwingle: The Origins of Iowa Place Names. I think I've been to Ackley a time or two, but never Zwingle, though I think one of my college softball teammates hailed from that area. I am proud to be an Iowa native. I will always be an Iowa farm girl at heart.

I think I will do another A-Z gratitude list on my commute this morning. When will you do yours?




Comments