New Glasses and Clean Teeth

Today I am grateful for a nice run in lightly falling snow yesterday, and for an extra day off from work. Add to that new glasses and clean teeth.

I was overdue for an eye appointment when I went a couple weeks ago. It had been almost three years. I also could tell that an updated prescription was likely. I was right. My eyes are healthy overall and the correction change needed isn't huge, but it is helpful. Yesterday I got my new pair of glasses, my second pair of progressive lenses. My distance vision hasn't changed much. It was the closer reading and computer work where I could tell I needed a little boost.

I am grateful for insurance coverage and good providers locally. There are millions of people who don't have access to regular health care, much less a new pair of glasses. I am also grateful for a style change and a bit of a new look.

It was also time for Sam and I to go in for our 6-month dental visit. I was commended on my home care and the cleaning went smoothly. It's always a good feeling to leave the dentist's office with that clean teeth feeling. Unfortunately, as is too often the case with my teeth, I have lost a filling and will need to get it replaced. Oh well. I am again appreciative of good insurance and local providers I trust.

New glasses. Clean teeth. A new day to welcome. Onward!

Comments

  1. I can relate to your post. I too love the feeling after seeing the dentist and having my teeth cleaned. I get so nervous for no reason before the visit, then i can't stop licking my teeth as they feel so smooth and clean after the visit. I try to stay on top of my visits so I never have serious issues down the road.

    Doris Gibbs @ Moody Eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already had some serious issues with my teeth, but the more I can do to prevent more issues, the better. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Post a Comment