To Be A Mom

Today I am grateful for my mom and the many other moms who have shown me and taught me about motherhood. I am grateful for my stepchildren Arthur and Emily and my son Sam who give me the opportunity to nurture and support, and to learn and grow right along with them.

To be a mom is a gift, an adventure, a leap of faith, one tough job rolled into one highly rewarding one. It takes all that I have in me at times and gives back so much more at other times that my heart overflows.To be a mom requires patience, acceptance, love, tolerance, a sense of humor. It requires help, and I thank my husband Darcy for his.

Yesterday Darcy noticed this robin's nest in the picture below when he was out doing yard work.  



I took a quick picture and Sam took a quick look. We wanted to get back out of the way because the mother robin was close by and wanting to return to her job. That's what we do. Protect our young. Do for them what they can't do for themselves at first. And then we teach them to be responsible, independent, and self-sufficient. We teach them to fly solo and find their own way. And it is so bittersweet. We are so proud and so scared all at once.  

To be a mom is all of this and so much more. Happy Mother's Day! 

Comments