Celebrating Generosity

Today I am grateful for the early morning light this time of the year. I am also grateful for the many ways that others and life show me generosity each day.

The idea of "celebrating generosity" for today's post stems from a meeting I was at yesterday at my school. The term was used by a couple of different people as they spoke about recent fundraising success and what it means for us currently and for our near future. Celebrating the generosity of others means newer facilities, more opportunities and services for our students. I applaud those who have supported recent initiatives. I commend those with financial means who are generous and charitable. It is most appreciated.

From my perspective of habitual gratitude, "celebrating generosity" got me thinking about a few other things as well. Celebrating the generosity of:

*God (Higher Power, Universe) for the gift of life and for all of creation
*Mother Nature in all her magnificent ways
*the hearts of those who love and support me, even when my actions are less than lovable
*each day we are given
*air to breathe
*all there is to learn-about others, about myself, about a myriad of topics
*this body, this human vehicle I reside in that allows me the mobility and energy that I so appreciate
*the dividends paid back to me through regular practice of gratitude

How will you celebrate and pass on generosity today?

Comments