Contributing Factors

Today I am grateful for sunshine. We sure missed it this week. I am also grateful for the many contributing factors that leave me feeling blessed and grateful this morning.

Just a few of those contributing factors include:

*It is our daughter-in-law Alyssa's birthday today. Happy Birthday!
*My step-daughter Emily had safe travels to and from New York City for her school trip
and saw many amazing  things in her first visit to the city I hope to see some day.
*Sunshine!
*A good run with Darcy this morning along the familiar and beautiful trails of our city.
*A  bike ride with Sam to a nearby park for his baseball practice; finally dry enough for them
to get out.
*A short run with our dog Oliver, which we both enjoy sharing.
*A quiet house.
*A good cup of coffee.

**And a big one I have come to appreciate on recent Saturday mornings: a text from my friend Brenda that gets the ball rolling with my group of high school friends corresponding back and forth. She started the texts after our time together in Lake City in late March. I look forward to them and marvel at the wisdom, humor, resilience, and compassion of these women I am thankful to call friends.

What is contributing to your gratitude today?

Comments

  1. What a terrific post! I am continually grateful for my friends and this is just another reminder. Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rita! The blessings of old friends that have endured over the years and of new ones I am getting to know are both rich blessings in my life. Thanks for being one of those friends :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment