Calming Waters

Today I am grateful for a better understanding of the disease of alcoholism. I am also grateful for rest for a weary body and mind.

The other day I wrote about running water and how I take it for granted. I also take my hearing and other senses for granted at times. I am reminded of how wonderful that sense of hearing is when I think about and listen to the calming sound water makes when on the move. I have especially been enjoying the sounds of the fountain on our front patio. Thanks Darcy for the little oasis you have again created for us in that space.

That fountain, the second one on our back patio, the rivers of our town, the racing waters of our local waterfall, the feel of warm water in the shower are all sources of calming water for me.

There is something timeless, seemingly effortless about the flow of water. There is something soothing in the movement and in the sounds made. The water has a purpose and seems to know it. That is my goal for each day. Know my purpose. Gratitude practice first helps me find my purpose and then gives me energy to pursue it.

Comments