Happy 11th Birthday!

Today I am grateful for my son Sam and the joy he brings to my life. I am also grateful for the lessons he teaches and the lessons we learn together.

Today is Sam's 11th birthday! I always have mixed emotions on my son's brithday. It is bittersweet. He's growing up so fast. I am so proud of him, but that "so fast" part makes me a little sad.

I am grateful for Sam's healthy growth and development, for his laugh and sense of humor, for how well he is doing in school, for his regular routine that works for him, for his personality that is a good mix of his dad and I, for his beautiful blue eyes. I am grateful I get to be a parent and though tough at times, my life would not have been as full and rich had I not become Sam's mom.

He is almost as tall as I am now. I notice that more and more during our daily hugs. But I tell him he will always be my little boy. That is reflected in my profile picture today. It is from 10 years ago, when he was 1. Love those teeth and that smile.

I will close with that, because there is birthday cake to bake and birthday breakfast to make.With much love to you Sam.

Comments