Earthly Vehicle

Today I am grateful for this earthly vehicle I reside in. My body is far from perfect, but it serves me well. I am grateful for acceptance, when it comes to my body and life on life's terms.

It has been a long journey to get to this point of acceptance of my body as is. I haven't always treated my body with respect. Drinking alcohol to excess and smoking cigarettes certainly didn't qualify as respect. But I have always been one to exercise and stay active. That alone makes a huge difference, not only in how I feel physically, but also mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. They are all interrelated and efforts in one area pay off in all areas, in my experience.

It concerns me to see so much emphasis put on just the physical component of who we are. In our society and culture, it seems to be too much about how we look, what we wear, what size we are. More and more types of cosmetic surgery are becoming more and more common. I believe happiness and self-esteem are inside jobs. But I do understand that how we feel about our bodies factors in to that.

I think it is easier to consider what I can do today, just for today, to help me feel good about my body. If I set a goal to lose 10 pounds, I still have to do the little things each day to make that happen.

Exercising regularly and drinking lots of water are good starting points. The key is to start. If you can do that, I can almost guarantee that you will start feeling better and be motivated to continue.

Flat-chested and all, I very much appreciate my earthly vehicle, but especially the heart and soul within.

Like gratitude, my physical health needs daily attention.

Comments