A Blessing In So Many Ways (Point #14)

Today I am grateful for support in recovery from alcoholism from both family and friends. I am also grateful for the laughter of my son and husband. What a nice sound!

Point of clarity #14: "My husband is a blessing in so many ways."

This one's for you Darcy.

He's been a blessing in my life since we met. Our marriage was strong and in year #10 when we faced my cancer diagnosis together. He was with me every step of the way; at appointments, surgeries, chemo, listening and processing with me as I made decisions. With me as my body changed after each surgery. With me to share the fear, the relief, the humor that worked its way into some moments. He showed a loving tenderness and compassion that meant so much during difficult times. Our marriage is stronger today.

Darcy and I temper one another in many ways. We aren't total opposites, but we definitely have our differences. Sometimes it is one another's tempers that we help temper. I so appreciate that he is quick to forgive and forget. I am still working on that quality myself. He accepts me as I am, better than I do myself at times.

After yet another run done together this last Saturday, I am so very grateful we share running as our hobby. It's more than a hobby. It's for our health and overall wellness. But it is great to have a running partner and motivator in the same house. We help one another keep moving and we honor our bodies by trying to take care of them and give them what they need. I think our children have picked up on our example at least some.

We take plenty of walks together too. On those walks and runs, we talk, we get caught up, we help one another unload and vent work or other frustrations. Even when it is one another we may be frustrated with, we are often able to talk it out and follow that age-old wisdom--"Don't go to bed angry."

Darcy is also a tremendous father to all of his children. What a blessing that is for all of us! He has been able to put difficulties about his past and his relationship with his own father in the proper perspective. I have great respect for him because of that.

Thanks Darcy! You truly are a blessing in so many ways.

Comments