Take an Action

Today I am grateful for the wisdom shared between my recovery email connections and for clarity about complex ideas like ego vs. self-esteem. I am also grateful for the rain that is falling as I write this.

I appreciated the many gestures I observed yesterday regarding the 11th anniversary of 9/11. The huge flag flying from a fire truck by our local fire station. A moment of silence and a prayer. Flags at half-staff. News and television coverage.

People took action to mark the day and remember those who died and those who put their own lives on the line to help. It is important that we never forget how that day changed our nation and never forget the individual sacrifices made.

Gratitude is simply about taking an action too. I will continue to say that practicing gratitude is work, but it is the best work I do and the dividends are great. Gratitude letter #11 went out earlier this week. I just did an A-Z gratitude list as I walked Oliver in the rain this morning. Writing daily in my gratitude journal. Telling people thank you, even for the little things.

Take an action. Practice gratitude. Spread the blessings and appreciation around.

Comments