One Thing to Never Forget

Today I am grateful Sam is enjoying his football experience and grateful for a nice evening to enjoy a game.

I am also grateful to bring you the last line of Ten Things to Always Remember . . . and One Thing to Never Forget.  Don't ever forget how very special you are. Thank you Collin McCarty for a wonderful quote that provoked much thought and provided ample gratitude blog fodder.

Don't ever forget how very special you are. I first thought about the special people in my life and what  a blessing they are to me. Practicing daily gratitude often includes my appreciation for them and all they bring to my life. They are gifts and I don't want to take them for granted. Being consciously grateful for them and expressing that helps keep me aware of how fortunate I am to know them.

My second thought was how I truly feel that I am a special person with special gifts. We all are. I never really felt that in my early years. I was loved and cared for, but with such a big family none of us got the attention we really needed, especially emotionally. Working on recovery from alcoholism and striving to practice gratitude on a daily basis has changed how I perceive myself and the world around me--for the better.

Consider telling the special people in your life how much they mean to you. In word or deed.

Consider telling yourself you are worthy and lovable.

Gratitude. It works. It really does.

Comments