Off Buttons

Today I am grateful for our first post-marathon run to work out the stiffness and soreness.
I am also grateful for off buttons.

With current technology, we are so plugged in to constant information that it can be overwhelming. And so often the news is bad, sad, tragic, bizarre, eye-catching headlines that are disturbing. Terrible news like a workplace shooting in Minneapolis that left 6 dead, including the gunman who turned the gun on himself after turning it on others to the Connecticut father who shot his own son in a strange set of circumstances.

I can just turn it off, literally and figuratively. I can choose what I read and listen to. I get that news carriers are trying to grab people's attention and that we have a morbid curiosity, but more positive news being reported seems like a good idea.

In lieu of that, I will look for my own good news. I will practice gratitude and share my appreciation with others.

Comments