FEAR fear

Today I am grateful for the stars in the morning sky, a precursor to the coming sunshine. I am also grateful for the laughs that our dog Oliver brings us.

There are some powerful "f" words out there. I am going to give this letter two separate posts. The two words on my mind and heart each need their own say. The first is FEAR.

Big FEAR. Little fear. Healthy fear. Unhealthy fear. We all experience it. We all have it. Like stress, some fear is normal. I fear gaining too much weight, so I try to monitor what I eat. I fear forgetting the stock-up items we need, so I write them on a list. If I leave it at that, it's a fairly rational fear.

If I fuel my fears with wrong-sized ego, selfish motives, lack of faith, then they tend to become irrational and energy-sucking. Fear can rob us of gratefulness, joy, and presence. It can rob us of confidence and direction.

I strive to "Face fear with faith." Faith is the catalyst. Faith reminds me that I don't ever have to be alone in my fear or other uncomfortable feelings. Faith brings me through the fear and moving forward.

This is a fitting quote to close:

"Fear is the cheapest room in the house. I would like to see you living in better conditions." 
(Hafiz) 

Comments