Roaming Freely

Today I am grateful for a little touch of coolness in the air this morning. It's the first we've had in days. I am also grateful for friends, old and new.

My friend Jenny, who I have blogged about in posts such as this one, also blogs. She calls her blog "Manifesting the Magnificent." That fits nicely with the power of gratitude practice. Magnificent things surround us if we just pay attention. Actively practicing gratitude in and of itself manifests the wonders of life.

In a recent post titled "How do I turn on roaming" Jenny wrote about how roaming, in a broader sense, leads to inspiration, wonder, vision. You can read the post here. She encouraged readers to do some roaming of their own, so I did. I went through my day yesterday with roaming on my mind. I observed. I participated.

Some of my discoveries included:
*A construction vehicle slowed traffic on my commute. Because of that, my eyes could roam a bit more as I drove across a new bridge that is nearing completion. I saw workers getting tools out. I saw their faces. I thought about the hot work day they had ahead of them. I appreciated their efforts as I drove just feet away from them.
*Some students at my school were roaming looking for rooms or locations. It was nice to offer directions and assurance.
*Roaming around a large structure like a school building I have worked in for 13 years gave me reason to pause at the changes in the building itself over those years, and on a hot day, the changes in temperature as I went from one floor to the next.
*I worked on my yearly calendar and pondered how quickly one can roam through a school year on paper. In that sense, time does fly.
*I roamed through some memories as I ran. I appreciated a memory that works.
*As I washed and rinsed some dishes, I witnessed the water roaming around and running off. It doesn't need directions, it just goes with gravity. Water flowing is freeing and it helped me to focus on that, even if just for a few seconds.

I agree with Jenny; roaming is freeing. It frees me from my overloaded brain and it refreshes me.
Thanks for the inspiration my friend!

Comments