One of a Kind Fingerprints

Today I am grateful for the laptop computer that allows me to do this blog easily. I am also grateful for a cold glass of milk to go with my pre-run peanut butter and toast.

The word I have chosen from among many "f" words (smile) is fingerprint. There are many things about each and every one of us that make us unique, make us one of a kind. Our fingerprints are one of them. Thankfully, the only time I have been fingerprinted was for background checks to attain teaching/counseling licensure.

It amazes me that no two people out of the billions on the planet have the exact same set of fingerprints. Even the same person's fingerprints change slightly. That alone tells me there is power far beyond human power around us.

I am blessed today to feel comfortable in my own skin, to embrace my uniqueness. But it takes time to get here. It took me more time than it takes some, because I stunted my emotional growth for years while I struggled with my drinking and low self-worth. Sadly, some people never get to the place where they embrace who they are. They are too busy trying to fit some unreasonable mold or trying to be what they think other people want them to be. Such a loss.

When I began working on my recovery, I began to uncover and discover who I really am. When I got married and then became a mother, I discovered much more about myself. When I finished my first marathon, faced a breast cancer diagnosis, became a published writer, there was more to be revealed.

Follow your fingerprints and find the person inside.

Comments

  1. Thanks Aileen! It is nice to know that being a slow learner, like I am, can actually be a good thing. I find it best to learn about and accept in small doses this evolving person that I am.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment