Fall--My Favorite Season

Today I am grateful for the wisdom of letting go and letting God. I don't always use it when I need to, but I use it more than I used to.

I am also grateful for the beauty of the fall season.  Fall has always been my favorite season. I don't really know why. I love the fact that, living in the Midwest my entire life, I have always gotten to witness the ebb and flow of the seasons. About the time I tire of one, the next one comes along. 

I like fall because I am not a big fan of heat and humidity, so the air feels especially refreshing when it starts to cool down. It felt even better this year after an oppressive couple of months this summer. I also love the changing colors, not just on the trees, but all over, with plants, grasses, and such. It is amazing the colors that Mother Nature comes up with. I love the crisp air and the smells that tell you changes are coming. I love the rustling leaves.

Stopping to think about the changing seasons makes me grateful for all 5 of my senses, and that they all work well. They allow me to especially enjoy the unique gifts each season brings. I know "gift" is a stretch when the wind chill is 30 degrees below zero, but it does make me appreciate a warm coat and a warm house to come back to. But I am a season ahead of myself.

I will enjoy the fall day presented to me today. What is your favorite season? 

Comments