A Full Weekend . . . A Weekend Full of Gratitude

Today I am grateful for the nice wedding day my niece Kylie and her new husband Jordan had on Saturday, and for the small role my husband and I had as one pair of host/hostess (see my updated profile picture). I am also grateful for the safe travels that family members had to the wedding weekend.

As I sat in the quietude Saturday morning at the bed and breakfast we were staying at, I began this blog post, listing things about this wedding weekend that I was grateful about:

-time on the farm (Sam loves it and so do I)
-laughter and friendly competition as we played some 500 and euchre
-taking a walk with my sisters
-sharing in the washing of dishes and cleaning up after meals, like we used to
do growing up
-a pleasant stay at a pleasant B and B
-time to read and write
-not feeling the compulsion to "do stuff around the house" because I was away
from my house
-my son Sam enjoying an overnight stay with his cousin Brennan
-enjoying the appetizing smell and then the taste of chicken and wild rice soup
my sisters made
-still getting fresh garden produce like lettuce and spinach from my mom's garden
-the joyous occasion of a wedding to bring us together
-stealing a few moments to watch Sam sleep peacefully
-catching up with family members and some of my sisters' friends who were a year ahead of me in school
-my sister Ruth as an amazing MOB (that would be Mother of the Bride) in both her wedding day attire and her efficiency in taking care of details
-a run with Darcy Saturday morning
-a run alone on Sunday morning, including a couple of laps for old-time's sake (more on that later)
-good food, lots of good food

Was it a perfect weekend? No.  It never is. But when I frame it in gratitude, it looks pretty darn good.

Comments