Thank you Nature

Today I am grateful for the genuine sharing of gratefulness that others model for me. I am also grateful for the unceasing wonders of the natural world; which is to say our world. 

A few of us were discussing Nature and all it gives us last evening. We talked about our part in protecting and preserving it. That starts by being present in the moment, to the gifts it bestows. Air to breathe. Sustenance. Marvelous colors. Amazing light changes. A blade of grass. A grain of sand. 

That presence brings a reverence. We wrote thank you notes to Nature last evening. Mine was a thank you to Nature for always being a source of spiritual strength for me. Even in my darkest times, even when I could barely see past my own pain, even when a hangover was especially torturous (emotionally as well as physically), Nature has never let me down. 

It brings a sense of belonging to a larger whole. It brings a sense of "I am not alone." Nature gets me out of myself and my own head, allowing transformation to happen. Nature gives me energy. For this and so much more, I am deeply grateful. 

This quote from "Word for the Day" at gratefulness.org  today fits well:

"The whole world is a series of miracles, but we're so used 
to them that we call them everyday things."
Hans Christian Andersen 

Noticing Nature today, what are you giving thanks for? 




Comments