The Liberation in Good Enough

Today I am grateful for a pleasant phone conversation with my Aunt Norma Jean, a run even if it was short, and connecting with others through gratefulness.

Yesterday I wrote about practicing just doing and being "good enough." There is such liberation in this. A freedom. New energy and insights. I have been applying it in different ways in various areas of my life. From cleaning my house, to composing an email, to completing numerous work tasks.

I remind myself of what I wrote yesterday: "This is not slacking, it's sanity." Decades of overdoing and making sure things are better than "good enough" and fighting my inner critic about how I am "not good enough" won't be tossed out just like that.

It will take devoted time, concerted effort. We are making progress though. Freedom grows in tiny increments, and sometimes in "ah-ha!" moments.

One of the beautiful things about "good enough" is the energy it conserves. Energy I have available for who and what matter most. Shouldn't they be getting my best, instead of something that really doesn't matter nearly as much?

The liberation in "good enough" happens right here, right now as I wrap-up this post. Have a good day, and practice some "good enough" when you can.

Comments