Inefficient Thinker

Today I am grateful for the cool air that needs the comfort of my favorite sweatshirt and that it tells me my favorite season--fall--is not too far away.

I am also grateful that in a moment of pause yesterday I saw a monarch butterfly and a hummingbird in close proximity to one another and to me, and we were all enjoying our backyard. That brings appreciation for Darcy and his work to keep our yard beautiful and inviting.

Inefficient thinker. I used that phrase the other day and it keeps coming back around. In itself that is not an inefficient thought. It’s a very liberating lesson I keep learning more deeply. Better yet, I keep feeling it more genuinely. Overthinking and overdoing lead to under feeling. I welcome the emotions.

Besides being accurate, "inefficient" isn’t nearly as harsh as what I have been known to say about my enemy brain. Things like "Stupid!" "You should know better." "Don’t you have this figured out yet?"

My mind isn't always inefficient. At times, it is nothing short of amazing. Yet, the less productive mode has been prevalent in my life. It has zapped me of much time and energy and I am ready to send it packing.

It takes mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual work to help my mind do less inefficient thinking, to do less harm to my overall wellness. The benefits of the work are showing themselves. I am deeply grateful for that.

Comments