Long Time, No See

Living gratefully today, I am relishing the cool, pre-dawn air and light.

Pause and just be in this moment for a moment Lisa. This is a good and frequent reminder for me.

I am also so grateful I got to see my college friend Kirsten yesterday. We have remained in touch on and off over the decades, but neither of us could even remember the last time we saw each other in person. Long time, no see.

It was great reconnecting, getting caught up on our families and our own lives. Life has taken us both on twists and turns and then landed us back in the same part of the country. The twists and turns for each of us have often been good and brought joy, but others have been challenging and painful. Some sought after, others unexpected.

Long time, no see. Great to reconnect.

I pondered long time, no see a bit further as I pondered living gratefully this morning. Long time, no see my hands in front of me, writing, composing, working. Pause. Here is a gift I often take for granted.

Long time, no see. A simple task or emotion that I overcomplicated and overthought and lost all clarity regarding. Pause. Pay attention. Have patience. Sight, clarity, and purpose tend to return.

Good to see you Kirsten! Welcome back clarity!

Comments