A Sunrise Over Sioux Falls

Today I am grateful for safe travels this weekend and a nice visit with Darcy's family. I am also grateful for mobility,  exercise, and sweat.

A special thank you today to all veterans, past and present. I too often take your dedication and sacrifice for granted. I will strive to honor the blessings of freedom today.

Sioux Falls has a special place in my heart and always will. It is where Darcy and I got married and lived for the first couple years of married life. We enjoy going back to visit his family, our long runs on the trail system, and many shopping and eating options.

In the 18 years since we moved, we have also seen a lot of new growth and construction in Sioux Falls. It always amazes us at how quickly areas that were farm fields are now developed. That has pros and cons, but I will save that discussion for another time.

I took a run Saturday, on a brisk morning with the wind chill near zero. I was given the opportunity to take in the sunrise on the edge of an ever-expanding city. I was surrounded by new medical facilities going up, houses on the horizon, but also open fields.

I kept looping back around so I could run into the sunrise, get a view of this incredible daily event.
It was a wonderful way to start the day, frigid air and all. The feeling of being fully alive embraced me as I ran.

The sun rose and was swallowed up by cloud cover. My run was over and I went back inside. But I took the gratefulness, energy, and endorphins with me into the day. 

Comments