More Views, More Eye Openings

Today I am grateful for time with visiting family and for grapes. 

It's been a few weeks since I have listened to and watched this video, narrated by Brother David Steindl-Rast. It's called "A Grateful Day." It's one that I try to loop back around to more regularly, but have missed lately. I have mentioned and shared it here before, so if it looks familiar, it probably is. 

One of the benefits of my gratitude practice is that it reminds me to not miss the familiar, to not take the familiar for granted. 

Watch. Listen. Absorb. It's just over five minutes long. The words alone are powerful. The pictures alone are moving. When I put them together and add my full attention, I never regret it.


One of the phrases in the video is "It's not just another day. It's the one day that is given to you--today. It's a gift. It's the only gift that you have right now."

Another is "Begin by opening your eyes and be surprised that you have eyes you can open." 

More views, of the video and of my surrounding world, bring more gratefulness. More eye opening reminders of the gifts and grace that abound. It's a good start to a day anyway. 

Comments