Faucets and Drains

Today I am grateful for morning birdsong, and the ease of a quick breakfast of overnight oatmeal.

After a mishap with our washing machine yesterday morning, I was reminded of how nice it is to have working drains, and for that matter running water, washing machines, and electricity. These are all things I tend to take for granted, until something goes awry.

Our home has four levels. All total, we have six faucets and drains that regularly get used. Yesterday, I appreciated the seventh drain in the basement that comes in handy when water overflows. In the summer time, two outdoor faucets/spigots get regularly used as well.

Clean water. Safe water. Convenient water. Working faucets and drains. A well-built home with a stable roof. All blessings.

Sometimes drains empty fast and I barely notice. At other times, it may be a slow process and some patience is required. But it is in that patience that I can choose to pause and look around the room I am in and appreciate what is there. Appreciate that I am here, that my family is here.



Comments