Generosity

Today I am grateful for the cool, calm, and peace of our backyard in the early morning. And for the many ways the generosity of this world shows itself.

I am also grateful for our son Sam's growing independence. He took himself for a much-needed haircut yesterday. Driver's license, vehicle, cash in wallet; he had what he needed. I appreciate that Sam is a more generous saver than spender of the money he earns.

Here is this morning's generosity, courtesy of Mother Nature:


The lush green leaves. The expansive blue sky beyond. The gracious sunlight.

Generosity takes many forms. A friend's listening and understanding. A spouse's small deeds. A fellow recovering alcoholic sharing experiences and hope. One's own open mind, heart, and soul allowing the full potential of this day to emerge. 

Generosity and gratitude complement one another so well. Without one, the other suffers. With both together, there is more of each. 

As I move into my day, I start the gratitude flowing. Generosity surges from the same flow. 

Comments