30 years here, 35 years there

Today I am grateful for good music inspiring me and cool morning air enjoyed on our patio.

Thirty years here. My 30th year in education, ten as a high school social studies teacher and now 20 as a school counselor, is just winding down. Those 30 years have had many challenges, but many more rewards. I don't know how I amassed 30 years so quickly. A day at a time I guess.

Thirty-five years there. As the school year winds down, the weekend is winding up. It will include time with old friends, dear friends. Friends I graduated from high school with a mere 35 years ago. There have been many milestones, anniversaries, joys, and too many losses and sorrows in those 35 years for this group that will gather.

Undoubtedly, there will be both laughter and tears. Conversation and silence. Food and drink. There will be cherished time together, new memories made. A moment at a time.

I will be taking a blog break for a few days. See you next week!

This day awaits. The weekend awaits. A moment at a time.

Comments