Notice

Today I am grateful for soft kleenex and soothing cough drops. (You may have guessed-I have a cold. I will be grateful when it has run its course.)

Notice is today's word and it fits with a couple other recent posts-minute and mindfulness. They are each about staying in the present moment. About taking time to pay attention to current blessings. "Take notice" is really just another way of saying "pay attention", which is just another way of saying "be mindful".  But if you are like me, you need many reminders. It doesn't hurt to have a repertoire of phrases to pull out. That increases the likelihood that I will at least think of one.

Recently I:

*appreciated the flavor and the smoothness of a spoonful of pistachio pudding I ate.
*noticed the crisp morning air as I breathed it in.
*shared a hearty laugh with a colleague and it felt good.
*took a minute to reach out to someone newly diagnosed with breast cancer.
*was thankful for a cozy and warm bed to help me nurse my cold.

It only takes a minute to notice our blessings. Take notice today and see what happens.

I will be taking a blog break for a few days and will be back early next week. Have a good day!

Comments