Inner Awareness

Awareness is the greatest agent for change. 
-Eckhart Tolle-

A healthy outside starts from the inside. 
-Robert Ulrich-

One of the meditation apps I use, Insight Timer, gives lovely quotes each time you go into the app. The two above recently followed one after the other. I took note. It is only with inner awareness that I can change my thoughts and actions. Certainly, others help me with that awareness too, but the heavy lifting is done within.

After years of struggling to make it a regular habit, mindfulness and meditation are now part of my routine. It is making a significant difference in how I perceive myself and the world around me, just like living gratefully does. Together, the two make my inner sanctum more comfortable and at peace. 

Not all the time. I don't think such a constant state is possible. But more comfort and peace more often.  Less thinking that hinders me. Less thinking period. And less thinking clears up more time for awareness.

Awareness. Pause and sense your own level of awareness in this moment. 

Do the inside work and the outside reflects it. Someone needn't be wearing the latest fashions and a perfect haircut for people to sense the calm and beauty that they are exuding. We all know people who have attractive exteriors and empty or tormented interiors. 

Do the inside work. In judging ourselves less harshly, we come to love ourselves more dearly. Onward!  

Comments