Happy Birthday Mom! 91!

Today I am grateful for sunshine, a nice walk, family time, and good driving weather. 

I am especially grateful today for my mom on her 91st birthday today! For the care she receives in the nursing home and the sense of peace she has, at least at times, as perceived by me. 

This is the last professional photo taken of my mom. I believe it was taken for the church directory somewhere around four years ago. 

I like this picture of her. Her loving warmth comes through and the blues look really nice together. Blue is one of my favorite colors too. 

She is more wizened now, often slouching in a recliner in the nursing home lobby. Her left eye sometimes looks red and sore. In other words, she is looking pretty good for 91. 

This is the card I picked out for her and read to her when my husband Darcy and I visited yesterday. She isn’t going to remember if I gave her a card or not. She doesn’t remember that 57 years ago at this time, she was pregnant with me, her 11th child.


But I will remember the visit. Remember happy times from the past. Honor this woman who now looks blankly, yet lovingly, my way. You are truly a blessing Mom! Blessings and love to you today and always!

Comments

  1. Good picture :) I'm glad you can still see your mom even tho she seems far away. There is something good? warm? comforting? about having your mom still here. Must be that you can still see her. I'm not sure... I only see my mom in my dreams now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are many ways we can feel and know the presence of loved ones, living or deceased. It can bring comfort and warmth when. I hope that is what your dreams of your mom give you. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment